1. Cincinnati Bengals - Once again the defense completely dominated another opponent, just shutting down a Falcons offense that put up 37 points a week ago. If they are smart, they will rest Green next week giving him two weeks to heal up. Gio stepped up tremendously with Green gone.
2. Denver Broncos -They have taken their foot off the gas in the second half for a consecutive game, if they do that next weekend they will be leaving Seattle 2-1. Its going to be tough enough going into Seattle after they are coming off a loss. They will need to play a complete four quarters to have a chance.
3. Seattle Seahawks - The defense wasn't its normal self Sunday, we all saw that but my biggest concern how they just abandoned the running game. In a game where your defense cant get off the field, you need to at least try and establish a run game, 13 run attempts in the entire game isn't a winning formula.
4. Arizona Cardinals - For the Cardinals to stay put here, they are going to need Palmer back clearly. The defense is one of the best units in the NFL and they have so many weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Now they will play SF and DEN back to back, will be a good test of how for real this team is.
5. Carolina Panthers - I strongly believed this team would have a dissapointing season, goes to show how much I know. The defense looks even better than last year and Kelvin Benjamin is an absolute perfect fit for the Panthers.
6. San Diego Chargers - This team is a botched snap away from possibly being 2-0 against the Cardinals and the Seahawks. The offense is explosive but the real surprise is that underrated defense that has impressed for two straight weeks. Now they take on the undefeated Bills in what should be another difficult game.
7. San Francisco 49ers - The absurd amount of penalties and the meltdown of Colin lead to a major collapse against the Bears. They simply gave that game to Chicago. I think this will be a much needed wake up call to one of the most talented teams in the NFL.
8. Philadelphia Eagles - That Sproles guy is pretty good huh. Another big 2nd half comeback for the Eagles but its hard to put them any higher due to that defense.
9. New England Patriots - Tom and that offense didn't really have to do much in this one, but man was that defense impressive. 6 sacks and 4 interceptions. All 3 stages just dominated a distracted Vikings squad.
10. Atlanta Falcons - The Falcons just ran into the best team in the NFL.... as of now. The O-line got rocked but I expect them to rebound next weekend against the pathetic Buccaneers.
11. Green Bay Packers - Packers are only at the 11 spot because they have the best QB in the NFL. The O-line is not improving and Lacy has 77 yards rushing in two games. Rodgers is going to have to put up MVP numbers to carry this defense into the playoffs.
12. Baltimore Ravens - Steve Smith has electrified this Raven offense. The defense was spectacular in holding a very good Steelers offense to just two field goals.
13. Indianapolis Colts - The play calling last night still boggles my mind. Andrew Luck throws one pass in the Colts final possession? At 0-2, they get a much needed visit to Jacksonville.
14. Buffalo Bills - The leagues best story so far. The Bills are 2-0 and in first place in the AFC East. Who the hell would have predicted that? I am excited to see how they match up next week against the hot Chargers.
15. Houston Texans - 20 points is all this defense has allowed and Arian Foster has 241 rushing yards in 2 games. Is it the soft schedule or are they a real threat. Unfortunately, they play the NYG next week and those question wont be answered.
16. Chicago Bears - That defense made the plays when they needed it most. Marshall not even close to 100% just had his way with that 49er defense. This offense will only improve once those WR get fully healthy we all know this, but if that defense can maintain that level of play they will jump in these rankings.
17. The New York Jets - That time out is going to haunt Jets fans for quite a while. They should be sitting at 2-0 but still plenty of positives to take from this team. Their running game is one of the best in the NFL, the defense is highly underrated, but in the end their amount of success will come down to one man... Geno Smith.
18. Detroit Lions - Offensively, this team has become identical to the New Orleans Saints. Unstoppable offensively at home but on the road they just cant seem to put it together. Its only two games but Reggie Bush is averaging 2.7 yards a carry. They are in big trouble if they cant find balance in that offense.
19. Pittsburgh Steelers - I still have high expectations for this team but they have only played 2 solid quarters all season. They need to get that defense and those lines fixed up quickly or they could fall into a deep hole in a very competitive division.
20. Dallas Cowboys - You know what? This defense looks very much improved, wouldn't you say? Finally, it seems as if the Cowboys have figured out the best way for them to win and keep that "suspect" defense off the field, simply feed the ball to Murray. Murray for now, leads the NFL in rushing yards.
21. New Orleans Saints - The defense is back to the bottom of the league and last year is looking like a fluke, defensively that is. Their season is on the line next week against the Vikings. Rob Ryan better get it together.
22. Cleveland Browns - The Browns have played 6 straight impressive quarters and look like a team that is headed in the right direction. The defense plays at an extremely high level and West is going to be a stud. Just imagine if they had Josh Gordon right now....
23. Minnesota Vikings - It was difficult to expect much from the Vikings last weekend. Hard to game plan an entire weeks worth with your best player in those plans and two days before the game he is deactivated. Still doesn't excuse the terrible play from Cassel. The defense was the only bright spot here, they look very much improved from last season.
24. Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker played poorly and that defense was torn up by that Dallas run, but Locker will improve and I think this Titan team will surprise a lot of people going forward. Having options like Hunter, Wright and Walker will help Locker groom into a good QB.
25. Washington Redskins - Kirk Cousins has another chance at trying to prove he gives this team a better chance to win. If only they could play the Jags every week.... Cousins will struggle just as he did last season.
26. Miami Dolphins - Losing Moreno will be a crucial blow to the Dolphins. I am close to jumping ship on Tannehill, his deep ball accuracy just doesn't seem to be improving any time soon.
27. St Louis Rams - Always impressive when you can win an NFL game with your 3rd string QB. Zac Stacy showed some life as well, which will be a must if they look to win more games with Davis as the starter.
28. Kansas City Chiefs - Knile Davis played well and they made it close against the Broncos, but lets be honest without Charles this at best a 3 win team.
29. New York Giants - Eli actually played decent but this is a dysfunctional team on both sides of the ball. Probably best if Cruz just stays silent from here on out.
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Well so much for all that preseason hype. It doesn't get any worse than losing to a 3rd string QB.
31. Oakland Raiders - Derek Car isn't playing that badly, that has to give Raiders fans some hope. As I have said before, this season is all about giving Carr some experience. That defense needs a lot of help though, they cant stop anybody.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars - Hey Jacksonville play Blake Bortles.